Journey to Jerusalem: IN BODY & SOUL
The Journey begins on Ash Wednesday, March 1st at 7pm Worship
There are 6,284 miles
from Columbia, South Carolina to Jerusalem, Israel.
Track the miles you walk, run, cycle, swim, etc.
In worship at Westminster, here on my blog almostdailyprayers.com, and in our daily activity, together we will make the Journey to Jerusalem, a journey that leads to the cross and the empty tomb of Jesus Christ.
Our Lenten journey begins today on Ash Wednesday. During Lent and especially during Holy Week, Christians have made pilgrimage to Jerusalem one of our spiritual disciplines. When traveling to Israel became less possible because of cost and distance, pilgrimage became more of a spiritual act and less a physical act.
This year I am challenging you to make the pilgrimage physical again. At Westminster Presbyterian Church, we are committing to journey the 6,284 miles from Columbia, SC to Jerusalem, Israel in our walking, running, swimming, cycling, etc.
You are invited to track and send your miles to our church office, we will post those miles online and on banners in the sanctuary and in our fellowship building. Together we will make our journey to Jerusalem!
I challenge you:
- How many miles is it from your community to Jerusalem?
- Invite others to make the journey with you.
- And pray together along the way.
- Warning: the journey will be painful; there will be suffering; we will witness betrayal, denial, and death. And yet, resurrection awaits us!
- See you in Jerusalem at the empty tomb on Easter morning!