When the ten heard this, they began to be angry with James and John. So Jesus called them and said to them, "You know that among the Gentiles those whom they recognize as their rulers lord it over them, and their great ones are tyrants over them. But it is not so among you; but whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many."Lord,
I spent the last week
with some of your most amazing servants.
Pastors, leaders, humble servants
from your church in Mexico.
On the first days,
I had no idea
who they really were.
So humble about their work...
So humble about the role
they play in your mission to the world...
treating me with the utmost dignity and respect.
It was only later in the week
that I realized
among their number was:
- the Chairman of the Board of the ONLY Presbyterian University in Mexico! Universidad Alfa y Omega
- the Vice President of Financial affairs from the same University
- the Executive Secretary of the same University
- the Director of International Studies of the same University
- the chairman of the medical foundation
- the director of the medical foundation
- the General Presbyter
- the Stated Clerk of the Presbytery
Many of these were also pastors of churches as well.
I was amazed by
their love for you,
their investment in spending time with us,
their vision for:
- medical mission (They are working to build a hospital!),
- education (Alfa y Omega is ranked among the TOP universities in their area!)
I saw in them exactly what you said:
"whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many."
They modeled that well!
Thank you for their visit!
Thank you for giving me a peek
into what you are doing in their part of the world.
Today I pray
for my brothers and sisters
in Tobasco, Mexico.
Provide for their needs.
Use them to challenge us to new faithfulness.
Post a Comment