Sunday's sermon was a celebration of gratitude.
As I reflect over the past day,
I am grateful.
Grateful to you for so many things.
- sometimes messy,
- sometimes hard
- always an opportunity to serve and live out grace and love.
For watching my son in awe
- as he reads and completes book after book for fun
- as he plays on the piano in front of church from memory what he has learned in just 2 months
- as he dances with unabashed joy at a recent wedding reception
For a dinner conversation with a long time member of my church
- for his honesty
- for his love for the church
- for his insights
For the people I have met this past year
- a homeless man now in jail, but pursuing recovery and praying for a new life
- a leader in my presbytery and her deep passion for the future of the church
- a mentor, wise caring, prayerful, listening, encouraging
Thank you for all the opportunities I have
- to pray with and for others
- to teach Christan faith
- to encourage others
- to embody your love
- to celebrate baptisms
- to offer to others the Body of Christ broken
- to accompany with singing the faithful who die in the Lord
Thank you, God, for your gifts of grace.
Thank you for claiming me as your own.
Thanks be to you.